Monday 4 April 2016

Robinson, Leeds FF


This figure came about through my desire to own all the players that represented Leeds in their various forms, be they Prostars, Microstars, Soccerstarz or Fan Favourites.

There were, of course, Leeds Prostars and Microstars of Robinson already produced by Corinthian, but when I discovered this version of him, I needed to repaint it for my collection!

The kit I went for was from Robinson's debut. Nigel Martyn had picked up an injury, so a slender teenage Robinson came in and put in a Man of the Match performance against Chelsea.

This also explains why he is wearing number 36, in case anyone was wondering! Our regular second choice, Mark Beeney, was also injured, which was why Robinson got the opportunity.

I can't find one of Robinson in it, so here's a pic of just the shirt, taken from theleedsunitedcollection.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment