Wednesday 28 October 2015

England, Euro '96

One of the problems that companies have when producing merchandise ahead of tournaments, is predicting the correct squad.

Corinthian got most of England's Euro '96 players, but one collector came to me with the task of filling in the gaps. So...

Here are:

Sol Campbell:


Phil Neville:



And Gareth Southgate:


You can understand the first 2 being missed, as neither played in the tournament, and if I remember rightly, Campbell sneaked into the squad at the last minute anyway.

Perhaps a little more surprising is the omission of Southgate who went on to play every game in the tournament... I forget how it ended for him...

I enjoyed painting these; I had so many in the original Euro '96 kit when I first started collecting, that I enjoyed the challenge of trying to make mine better than the originals! It was nice to have a go at the infamous grey strip too!

One thing I particularly like about these (and I may have mentioned this before about other repaints) is having a spot on shirt number/name font!!

Here are the kits to compare them to:

6 comments:

  1. Great likeness to the kits, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marc, your repainted Corinthian figures look brilliant, well done. Just a quick one, if I gave/sent you a plain Southgate figure could you paint it please in the exact Euro 96 white home as per all the other players? Let me know please and then I’ll give you further details. Thank you very much,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your kind words! I can do that- I even have a spare Southgate if you haven't already got one. If possible it would be better if you can use the contact form below or message on twitter, instagram or facebook (links in the header) so we don't need to put addresses etc here for everyone to see!

      Delete
  3. hi marc how much do you charge for the repainting thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! If you provide the figure to be painted, it is £12 plus the cost of return postage

      Delete