Tuesday 13 October 2015

Townsend x2, Leeds

A couple of Soccerstarz repaints coming up of a player who wasn't exactly popular during his short loan spell at Leeds:

 (Click to enlarge)

Here's Andros Townsend in the home kit from 2011-12. This one was done for one of my regular customers, and was the kit Townsend was wearing when he scored his only Leeds goal; our first in a 3-2 victory against Doncaster.

(Click to enlarge)

Being as I'd already done the home kit, when I got a Townsend figure for myself, I decided to do it in away colours. 

Probably the most noteworthy time he wore this kit was in the FA Cup tie away at Arsenal, when Henry made his return to the gunners. Townsend was one of the few Leeds players to come away from a dull performance with any credit.

And then Warnock sacked him off because of an apparent bad attitude. I could deal with that. 

Warnock sacking off Barkley, because he couldn't guarantee him game time ahead of Michael Brown, however...
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment