Friday 3 November 2017

Sheffield United Soccerstarz

Here are my first Sheffield United Soccerstarz repaints:



They both now belong to a customer who originally just asked for a Brian Deane figure. I looked through my spare figures to see if I had any other players I thought he might be interested in, and these were the first 2!

Funnily enough, I only had them both due to their brief spells at Swansea, and the fact that I had bought myself a Swansea box set, just to get Garry Monk... seems hardly worth the effort now!

While I think the repaints ended up well (striped shirts can be tricky on Soccerstarz) the customer's comments are the most memorable thing about this deal, particularly his thoughts on Britton. He described the figure as 'a novelty', as 'bringing back painful memories' and also used the phrase 'pinched a living'!

I do genuinely enjoy the conversations these figures inspire with my buyers!!

As it turns out, he's become pretty hooked on collecting Blades figures, so more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment