Sunday 8 April 2018

Leeds 2000-02 Tonkas

Time for the next season of Leeds Tonkas!

A pair of very popular Leeds kits, and the end of an era of kits lasting for more than one season!



Of course, aside from the kits being a pair of beauts, the performances Leeds put in whilst wearing them is at least part of the reason they are so fondly remembered.

It feels like a different life now, but in these very kits Leeds had some memorable European nights against the likes of Barcelona, AC Milan, Lazio, Anderlecht and Deportivo.

Due to these European performances, Bowyer and Viduka seemed fairly obvious picks to put on these shirts.

I've realised I should probably throw this in here too:


This was added the following season, with the yellow being bumped down to third kit. Another one popular amongst Leeds fans. The first player I think of when I see it is Robbie Keane.

Actually possibly Kewell, for that goal against Arsenal, but, I wasn't going to go and put his name on, was I?!

No comments:

Post a Comment