Thursday 15 May 2014

Smith, Leeds (away)

(Click to enlarge)

*This post has no intention of starting a raging Alan Smith debate*

Here's the second Alan Smith sculpt that Corinthian came up with. They did make one of him in Leeds colours, but it looked like this:


I know, right?!

So, I decided that I wanted to get hold of a Smith figure that looked much more like him (suspiciously one was produced when he moved over the Pennines) and put him into a different kit.

Much as it isn't very Leeds, and if I remember rightly, we didn't win a game in it, I really liked the dark blue pinstriped number of 03-04! I also chose it because a Leeds Smith was produced in the 02-03 kit; much the same as the 03-04 one, just with a different sponsor.

The level of detail (and therefore challenge) on the away kit also appealed to me.

And as it turns out, it's one of my favourite repaints that I've done- from collar, right down to boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment