Saturday 18 August 2018

Leeds Tonka Figures, 02-04

It's been a while since I posted any Tonka figures. When I can, I like to vary the content in terms of team and style of figures... and then sometimes I also go for a month without blogging!

Anyway, here are the next 3. It's actually kits from across 2 different seasons; the reason for this is that the home kit was exactly the same, barring the change of sponsor. Thinking about it the yellow kit (which changed from the away kit to the 3rd kit) was the same, moving from Strongbow to Whyte and Mackay.

Anyway, here they are!




In terms of choosing the players, Milner became the Premier League's youngest ever scorer in the top picture. Matteo seemed as good a choice as any for kit 2, and Smith was one of the only players to perfom in the season we wore the dark kit!

If you look closely at the yellow kit, you will see the fade from a more orangey-yellow, to a lighter one in the middle. I think this is the first time I blended colours on the shirt (more complex example coming soon!) and I was very pleased with how it ended up.

The dark kit divided Leeds fans. It's "Not very Leeds" was an argument I often heard, and I think I'm right in saying we didn't win a game in it!! I liked it, for what it's worth! I also enjoy the challenge of a kit with pinstripes!

No comments:

Post a Comment