Friday 8 May 2020

Leeds Soccerstarz


Here are some Leeds Soccerstarz repaints, that just feel from a different age... Well, I suppose any time when there was football feels a different age at the moment, but these feel a world away from Bielsa's Leeds!

Here was a time of hopeful punts on loan signings, and while all of them were very much in the 'worth a punt category' none worked out particularly well for us!

Danny graham custom leeds soccerstarz repaint

Danny Graham joined Leeds on loan towards the end of the 05/06 campaign that ended in play-off final defeat against one of his future clubs; Watford. He joined a side that were badly out of form, and did nothing to help reverse that, only featuring 3 times, and not managing to score. 

I did all of these figures ages ago, to be honest, but I would think this is probably my first attempt at pinstripes on a Soccerstarz figure. Like I say about most of my repaints from more than 2 years ago: It looks ok, but I'd definitely do it better now!!

Adam Johnson custom leeds soccerstarz repaint

Another repaint for another short term loan! Johnson managed 5 appearances in 2006, but the loan deal wasn't renewed afterwards. Let's avoid what he's been up to since...

Jake Livermore custom leeds soccerstarz repaint

This is the easiest of the 4 repaints on this post! Just plain white with a bit of blue and yellow on the socks. I've made the sponsor a bit too big, to be honest. 

Like Johnson, Livermore played just 5 times for Leeds, before going on to play for England...

custom leeds united soccerstarz repaint ross barkley

I'd say Barkley is the one of these 4 loanees that is looked back on with most regret by Leeds fans. I don't think I'm rewriting history when I see you could see glimpses of his ability in the 4 appearances he managed in his short loan spell.

What I know for certain is that, in the most typical Warnock statement imaginable, Colin said: "I can't guarantee him a place in our midfield when we have (1000 year old) Michael Brown", and then sent him packing back to Everton.

3 out of these 4 loanees, that essentially made no impact at Elland Road went on to play for England. Leeds That.

No comments:

Post a Comment