Saturday 10 October 2020

Schmeichel, Denmark '92

International break: International repaint, and one of my finest in recent times, I'd say.

Peter Schmeichel Euro 92 Denmark custom corinthian repaint

I checked with the guy who ordered this to see if he knew there was a version of this kit made by corinthian... apparently it's really expensive!

In case you wondered about my method, firstly, I painted the shirt completely white. Then, I mixed versions of all the pastel colours (in a milk bottle lid!) and then did them in sort of stripes, blending and mixing on the shirt as I went along.

The next step was doing the black at the top of the shirt and on the cuffs, and elbow/ lower arm padding, and of course those criss crossing lines!

The final step was details like the yellow round the collar and the number 1 on the front and back. Normally I would use a decal for those, but on this one, I felt it would make more work in redoing the colours and black stripes, so I did them by hand this time. Fortunately, there were no names on shirts in 1992!

No comments:

Post a Comment