Sunday 10 May 2020

Arsenal Away, 1995 (I think) Part 1

Well, here's an unusual thing for my recent blog posts; I actually finished these figures within the last few weeks!

In trying to clear some of my back log, I've been posting pretty old pictures recently! 

Anyway, here are some Arsenal away repaints.

Tony Adams custom corinthian figure repaint arsenal away

David Platt custom corinthian figure repaint arsenal away

Paul Merson custom corinthian figure repaint arsenal away

Dennis Bergkamp custom corinthian figure repaint arsenal away

I loved this kit as a kid, and as a result, whenever I designed my own kits, they always featured some (slightly wonky) lightning. Hopefully no-one considers these repaints slightly wonky!

Lightning aside, there are a couple of other aspects to these repaints that are different from the norm- I painted the sponsor and the Arsenal A on the shorts, both for different reasons.

I hand-painted the sponsor because I felt that, with the lightning design, putting a decal over the top, and having to paint the 'joins' would probably be just as much work as painting  what is a relatively simple (and short!) sponsor.

For the A, basically... I couldn't find a good clear version of it online to print. I'm very happy with how it looks, especially on Bergkamp, I'd say!

Oh, also in case you're wondering why this is 'part one', I had 2 separate orders for this kit. I've decided to group them that way for the blog posts, so the other 2 figures will be up here soon... ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment