Monday 25 May 2020

Roy of the Rovers Reboot!


Here's a team I haven't featured on the blog for a while; the illustrious Melchester Rovers!

Roy of the rovers reboot custom corinthian repaint

For those that didn't know, Roy of the Rovers has been rebooted in the form of graphic novels, and while I haven't read any, I thought I'd try my hand at the new kit!

It features a new badge, with a lion on it, and an association with hummel means the trademark (and beautiful!) chevrons down the arms and side of the shorts!

Other changes... I can't say I approve of Roy's red boots! At least they match the kit, I suppose.

And having already admitted I haven't read the books, I'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt on the number 14 shirt (not Roy's customary 9) and assume that he was given this number before establishing himself in the first team!

I'm fairly sure this ending up being bought on ebay... I certainly don't still have it, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment