Tuesday 7 January 2020

Speed 92-93 Vivid Imaginations figures

Full disclosure: I have pretty much no idea which Leeds figures I have posted to this blog before!!

I have done so many over the years that, even though they are my own team, they're probably the hardest for me to keep track of. There are certainly more Leeds figures in my repaints folder than any other team, which, in turn, puts me off blogging them!

But with all that said, here are 3 that I'm fairly sure haven't appeared here before:




Vivid Imaginations figures! No Gary Speed figures were made so (whisper it) these were originally... Ryan Giggs!!

Anyway, I was delighted with how they turned out- particularly the 2 away kits! The shirts were a bit of a challenge, but one that I relished once I got started!

Something I found interesting is that there is very little that matches about these kits. These days, there is something that makes kits 'a set' be that similar trim around the cuffs, the same style of collar; that sort of thing. These just seem pretty randomised.

OK, the 2 away shirts are the same pattern, but look at the shorts; different from each other, and from the home kit! Completely different collar on the home kit too! Only the socks have any kind of uniformity!! Maybe that's why we didn't win away in the league all season...

No comments:

Post a Comment