Sunday 28 August 2016

Leeds Subbuteo Tracksuits, 1-3!

On my first post about an XL Subbuteo figure, I think I said that there were more coming...

So here are 3 of them!




Shirt numbers 1, 2 and 3 would be on show here, if theses players weren't wearing Leeds' iconic 1970s pre-match tracksuit tops! 

As it is, all of them have their numbers on show on another unique part of the Leeds kit of the 1970s: the sock tags. Unfortunately, they can't be seen on these pictures; you'll just have to take my word for it!

There are only minor differences to all of these repaints. The sock tag numbers have been mentioned already, but I also adjusted hair colour, and added the moustache on David Harvey! The names on the tracksuit backs are different too, of course.

As I said when painting a Costa Rica World Cup Squad a while back, there is something satisfying about completing a full set or squad of players... more of these to come!!

Here's a pic of some of the greats wearing this tracksuit, ahead of the Charity Shield match with Liverpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment