Monday 15 April 2019

O'Leary, Leeds remodel

One of the more unique figures from my own collection; a player remodel of David O'Leary, who was only produced as a manager figure.

For those of you that didn't know, O'Leary had a short spell at Leeds as a player at the tail end of his career. Wilkinson saw him as the ideal player to share the benefit of his experience with our young centre halves, such as Wetherall and Newsome. Unfortunately he spent most of the time injured, but Wilko maintained that he had a big positive impact on the defence.


I was pleased with this- I'm still learning when it comes to head swaps, or as I've also seen them called Frankenstein figures, which I really liked!!

Anyway, it doesn't look like it has too much or too little neck, which is the biggest problem I've encountered with these!

As for the kit; it's one of my faves- my first ever proper replica shirt, complete, of course with the proper Asics font for the shirt name and number.

No comments:

Post a Comment