Saturday 25 May 2019

Leeds 08/09 Tonkas

After the way our season ended, I seem to have reached the place where I can post Leeds figures here again...

So, how about starting with a season that ended in a play-off defeat?!




These are the kits from the year Simon Grayson took over, and I would say the players I put on the shirts are, at very least not remembered too badly!!

Snodgrass, of course was one of the surprise successes of the season after arriving from Livingston, while Kilkenny and Douglas were reliable, if not spectacular.

As for the kits... what can I say. Macron. They weren't horrendous, but won't be making anyone's list of favourites. The sky blue/dark blue away kit was an interesting one. I remember quite liking it, but also thinking: It's just not Leeds at all!!

I think I'm right in saying I also saw Leeds (featuring Mansour Assoumani) wear it in an absolutely horrible away defeat to MK Dons round about Christmas 2008.

 *shudders*

No comments:

Post a Comment