Tuesday 17 December 2019

The Vertonghen collection!

So, that title... it just seemed to sound like a fashion range, so I went with it. Let's move on.

Here are three Vertonghen Soccerstarz, all in away kits:




To be honest, I have no idea if they are in chronological order... I couldn't be bothered to check!

You may have noticed that I hand painted the sponsor on the 2 AIA shirts, tho if you didn't I guess that's good for me. Unless you noticed that I did for a good reason.

I was very pleased with the... shall we call it 'gold' one? The pinstripes especially on such a small figure were pleasing!

And that's it. I'll leave you with an amusing Vertonghen related anecdote;

I was watching a Spurs game once, with a friend who has no real interest in football. Vertonghen must have been having a good, or at least busy game, because he kept on being mentioned; enough at least for my friend to say: "He doesn't really look Tongan."

Me: "What?"

Her: "That guy. He doesn't look like he's from Tonga."

Me: "Probably because he's Belgian."

Her: "Well, why do they keep calling him 'Jan the Tongan'?!"

This story is mainly true.

No comments:

Post a Comment