Friday 21 June 2019

Luke Ayling Funko

Hi everyone! Sorry that it's been a while, but I am on holiday!!

Anyway, here's something that will hopefully make up for the lack of recent blog posts: My first ever Funko Pop Repaint.


It started life as a Zlatan Ibrahimovic figure, which I bought with the intention of doing in Milan, Barca or LA Galaxy kit, just as an experiment really, and to see if it would go for a decent amount on ebay!

But, for some reason, I couldn't get myself motivated to paint it. Until I decided to transform it into Leeds defender Luke Ayling! The hair was right; all I had to do was add a bit more to the beard... and change the kit of course.

Something I found interesting about repainting this is that the body isn't actually much bigger than a Corinthian Prostar. It's just the head that is significantly different, but obviously that doesn't impact on the painting much anyway.

The slightly bigger size meant that adding a few more details, such as 'Leeds United' on the socks and the extra Kappa Logos on the sleeves was pretty easy!

If you fancy getting my thoughts on this figure through the medium of a YouTube video, you're probably best off clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment