Thursday 27 June 2019

Project: Matthews Final!

It's been a long while since I posted any Blackpool figures to the blog!

2016 being the last time they made an appearance!

But, the guy who wanted those figures has been back in touch, and is putting together a Matthews Final XI.

Obviously Stan himself aside, it's going to be lookalike figures, and here are the first 3:



Two defenders from the team; Eddie Shimwell and Harry Johnston. Shimwell was a bit of a surprise to me, as, if I'd had to take a punt, I'd have assumed that Jimmy Armfield was the right back, but he came into the Blackpool first team scene a year later... according to Wiki.

I was also surprised to find out that Johnston was captain; I thought Stan was a cert for that role! Amazing what painting little plastic footballers can teach you!!

And let's not forget the boss: Joe Smith; chosen due to his immaculate side parting!

No comments:

Post a Comment