Saturday 7 November 2020

2 Portsmouth repaints

When I searched the blog to check I hadn't already posted these pics, I saw that my last Pompey blog post was in 2016!

Good things come to those who wait, Portsmouth fans...

darren anderton portsmouth custom corinthian figure

This was something of a complex one! You'll have probably noticed in the past that, generally, I don't do the patterns in the fabric- it can be complicated, and lead to inconsistencies when I paint the kits again in future (ie if I forget that I did the pattern last time!)

The buyer of this was very keen tho, so I did it on this occasion. It also meant that I decided to handpaint the numbers (which is also rare for me) so I wouldn't have to redo the pattern where the decal would cover it!

Paul Merson custom pompey corinthian figure

 A much more straightforward one than Anderton here! If anything, I probably prefer it tho!

People often tell me they think complicated ones are my best repaints... but I like things perfect! While I often manage a very good job on the complex kits, ones like this are much closer to the perfection I'm after! I've also talked before about how the clean lines around collars, cuffs etc really elevate a simpler repaint to a great one, and I think that's the case here too

*Thumbs up emoji*

No comments:

Post a Comment