Sunday 15 January 2017

McStay, Celtic

(click to enlarge)

If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you'll probably know what I'm going to say about this kit by now!

In a nutshell, the level of detail makes it an interesting one to paint, even though it is widely regarded as one of the most ugly shirts in Celtic history!!

I've done it on a few different players now, so I have gotten to know the design quite well!! 

One of the challenges has been to mix the colours in the same way on subsequent repaints- I haven't painted them all at the same time, but they are for the same collector, meaning  ideally, they'll be exactly the same shades! I've used the photos that I keep of every repaint I do to help!

Here's the kit, as represented on the excellent Historical Kits website:

No comments:

Post a Comment