Wednesday 5 September 2018

Leeds Tonka Goalies

One of my regulars has been getting me to paint every Leeds kit in his time from supporting Leeds onto Tonka figures.

I've enjoyed it a lot, and recently(ish!) he asked me to do a couple of goalkeepers too. He wanted Martyn and Robinson, and gave me the job of choosing the kits.

Here's what I decided to do!



Anyone who knows me will know that I couldn't just pick a kit- I have to look into reasons and performances and...

Well, anyway, the kit I went for for Martyn is the first one I picture him in, and is the one he wore in, arguably, his best season for Leeds (though in truth, he was so good it's hard to choose!)

Robinson could've gone in that kit too, as it was what he wore on his debut- a Man of the Match performance against Chelsea.

In the end, though, I went for a kit from an incredible one off performance- to this day still one of the best I've seen from a goalkeeper in a one of game. Robbo wore the sky blue shirt in the 1-1 draw with Barcelona at Elland Road, a game where a string of superb saves kept them at bay until the 94th minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment