Tuesday 25 September 2018

My best ever??

I'm pretty good at Prostar repaints by now. I've done hundreds; maybe approaching a thousand (I'll have to try and work that out some time!!) and it's not often that I even consider turning down what a customer asks for.

But I nearly did for this one:


I just wasn't sure that I could do it justice, and didn't want to disappoint the buyer. In the end, after he said he was happy to have it done like the original (less detailed) Corinthian version if I struggled, I agreed.

Here's the end result:


I was delighted with it, and more importantly, so was the buyer!

It's definitely the hardest I've taken on, and I think it's the best.

As I was painting it, I had four different shades of orange mixed, and ready to use! I had to do it all in one go though, because the need to blend the colours, essentially mix them on the shirt, meant that I couldn't let it dry in the meantime!

What do you think? Is this Euro '88 Ruud Gullit the best figure I've done?

No comments:

Post a Comment