Thursday 3 December 2015

England, France '98 Squad Building!

As I think I mentioned in my Euro '96 post, companies that make any kind of International tournament product always have to play a bit of a guessing game when it comes to the final squads!

Here are 5 England players that Corinthian didn't originally paint into England's kit for France '98.

(Click to enlarge)







Yeah,.. I had to put them in number order!

You'll notice all are home kits except Owen. England wore the red kit in the 2-0 victory over Colombia that ensured qualification into the knockout stage. 

Personally, I would have gone for the all white that he was wearing when he scored the solo goal against Argentina, but I was glad to have the chance to paint the red kit. I like the subtle, slightly darker stripes that it had!

You'll also know that I'm a sucker for spot on shirt number fonts, which we have here!

Interestingly (to me anyway!) the away kit used a different name/number font than the home!

Here are the kits, to compare them to... including the goalie kit, which I did in this post, if you're interested!!


No comments:

Post a Comment