Sunday 13 December 2015

Robben, Bayern Soccerserie.

I'm always keen to paint different types or brands of figures when I get the chance, so when one of my regulars asked me about repainting a couple of Soccerserie figures, I was keen to give it a go.

Here's the result:

(Click to enlarge)

As you can see, it's Arjen Robben, with a little more hair than we've become accustomed to seeing him with, in Bayern kit!

I enjoyed painting it a lot! In some ways, painting bigger figures is easier, on account of details and lines not having to be as thin.

As with the Wanchope Vivid Imaginations figure I did, one of the more time consuming elements of this one was the fact that it's originally shiny finish made it need more coats of paint than a standard Prostar, and a little more care to ensure an even finish.

Overall tho, I was delighted with it! Gladly, my customer was too!

Here's the shirt, to compare it to:


Keep your eye on my blog for more Soccerserie repaints in future! One definite, 2 maybes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment