Saturday 1 December 2018

Leeds Testimonial Microstars.

Many of you will know that I started repainting to improve my own collection of figures. Being as I started doing this almost 6 years ago, I'm starting to run out of figures to do (barring duplicates in different kits, of course)

As a result, I've started reaching!! If you follow this blog closely, you'll know I've done trialists and even youth players before.

Well, here are a couple of players who featured in testimonials!


Michel Platini played for the Leeds XI in the John Charles/Bobby Collins testimonial in the 80s. So... he played in one game for Leeds, and I have 3 figures of him now!! A Prostar, a Fan Favourite, and this microstar!

Obviously this means I have done this kit before, but it was much harder to fit the shirt design, as well as the central badge and sponsor onto a microstar body!!


Gazza featured in the Don Revie International XI in the Don's testimonial game, also in the 1980s. He made a bit of a star turn, by all accounts, scoring a backheel goal past Leeds guest goalkeeper, Peter Shilton... Shilton in a Leeds kit you say...

*makes bid for Shilton figure on ebay* 

Absolutely love how this repaint came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment