Sunday 6 September 2020

Leeds forgotten Left Backs, Home and Away!

Left back- something of a problem area for Leeds since Dorigo, in truth.

Doesn't stop left backs from being some nice repaints though! 

These pairs of figures have something in common- I did the home kits ages ago, and the yellow ones more recently, and as such, there are more things I'd change about the home ones if I did them again now!

david robertson leeds united custom corinthian figure

david robertson leeds united custom corinthian figure away kit

The collars on these figures show a dilemma (maybe a bit to strong a word!) that I often face when repainting.

On the home kit, I've made it like the paint job on the original figures, whereas on the away, I've done it like it actually was on the shirt!

IMO, the more recent one looks far better!

didier domi custom corinthian figure leeds united

didier domi custom corinthian figure leeds united away kit

 Bit of a quandary here; they've got different sponsors on! I thought Domi only played one season for us?!

The first one must have been requested like that though! At the very least, whoever I sent it to saw a picture first and didn't say it was wrong! Maybe he wore it preseason?! On the off chance that you're reading this and it's yours, feel free to send it back and I'll change the sponsor!!

Anyway, onto happier things to comment on: I was very proud of the away version. I still have this shirt, and the front fades from darker yellow at the top and bottom into a lighter yellow in the middle. Zoom in now and have a look!! 

More difficult and time consuming, and well worth the effort!

And as always, I can't help but notice; not only am I a better painter now, but I'm also better at taking the photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment