Tuesday 13 November 2018

Batty, Leeds Drill top

I nearly always enjoy being asked to paint something a bit different!

And when it's Leeds United related as well, that certainly peaks my interest!!


For anyone unsure, this is the drill top that Leeds used to wear before matches in 1991-92; the title winning season. They also wore it while collecting the trophy, so I have good memories of seeing it on video from a very young age!

Luckily, the figure was already in long sleeves, so I only had to paint, rather than remodel them.

In terms of detail; the blue and white bit immediately under the yellow was the hardest, but probably the most satisfying part of this one.

The one other comment I would make is that he looks a wee bit older than Batts did in 1992!!

Difficult choice of figure for this one tho- the earlier figure of Batty did look younger, but was short sleeved and also was not as good a sculpt as this one, in my humble opinion!

Anyway, the guy who asked for it was happy, and I was too!!

Great idea for a repaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment