Saturday 29 August 2020

A few more Bradford

After that first McCall repaint, I was discovered by Bradford fans on twitter, resulting in a fair few more!

I already did a blog post about  some of their Premier League players; here are a few from their time in the EFL.

Lee Sharpe custom bradford city corinthian

Lee Sharpe played on load for Bradford in their promotion season... I think. And I also think this is the kit from that spell!

The stripes are thinner on this one than their Premier League kit, and I was particularly pleased with how good the numbering on the back came out. 

In case you wondered, for white numbers on striped kits, I usually print them on one colour. For this one, I chose the maroon-y colour, then painted the yellow as close as possible to the number. Hope that technical info is interesting to someone out there!

lee hendrie bradford city corinthian

Here's Hendrie; a player I didn't know played for Bradford, in a kit I didn't remember!

With both of these two, I prefer the later sculpts to be honest, and think they were better likenesses.

gary jones bradford city corinthian repaint

 Speaking of likenesses, this one is a 'lookalike' figure. I was pleased with how he kit turned out- as you may know, I'm not a big fan of doing hoops! At least it was only the front on this one!

This figure also has these weird sort of sideburn things!! I filed them down, then painted a skin tone over the top.

It would have probably been easier if he'd picked the Danny Mills he was considering for this figure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment