Wednesday 27 January 2021

Mixed Leeds figures:

 First of all, I thought I'd let you know that this blog has gone past 100 000 views! Which obviously is not crazy numbers, but is certainly more than I would have anticipated when I first started painting for my own amusement all those years ago!

Thanks for the views, comments, 'likes', support, and of course, purchases! 

And I suppose it's fitting that, before I even realised I had reached this milestone, I'd planned to post Leeds United figures here today; the first team I ever painted.


I thought I'd go with another variety bag of a post today! Starting with Leeds' current top scorer, Patrick Bamford in funko form!!

This is in the Championship promotion kit, as part of a whole team set that I did for someone. Funny to think that Bamford came in for quite a lot of stick that year, and is now sat on 10 Premier League goals in half a season.


Next up, Nick Barmby. I used the later sculpt of Barmby for my own collection, as it seemed a better likeness of when he played for us. But the guy who asked for this one showed me a pic of Barmby in the 03-04 season, where he had gone back to having slightly longer hair. And took the number 7 shirt too.


Hard to know if it was just speculation, but there was a lot of talk that James Beattie had a big role in getting the 30 goal a season form out of Chris Wood, in his spell as a coach at Leeds.

I was very happy with this remodel. I also did a microstar one, which you can check out by clicking here.

Last but not least, a standard microstar repaint, from way back when. When I did a Prostar Christie for my own collection, I put it in number 27... it's still on my shelf as a lesson to make sure I research properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment