Sunday 27 June 2021

Tenuous Euros post, part 5

I'm back to kind of, sort of Euro 2020 related figures today! It's going to be a pundit special... cos I've exhausted my backlog of still active players!


 Ian Wright, in his Palace days. You've got to love Wright's punditry... I can't remember the exact phrasing, but the way he described Saka's performance the other day was great! Gloriously purposeful, or something like that?! 

EDIT: Found it, it was "Burdened with glorious purpose!"

On the flip side, Danny Murphy said "He looks a good keeper," about Donnarumma. That's the Donnarumma who's got 250 career appearances at 22, and is off to PSG this summer...

Anyway, here's a figure of Danny Murphy for Spurs that I painted years ago!!


You can tell how old this one is because i) it's definitely not my current standard ii) even the photography skills weren't as good back then!! and iii) the dead giveaway; I used to leave white boarders around the pics! That's the giveaway.

And last but not least:


Let's throw in another Shearer! I can't think of any specific examples of Shearer's recent punditry... other than picking Turkey as a dark horse... but I quite like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment