Sunday 28 November 2021

Newcastle XLs

Here are 2 hot off the press! 2 Newcastle XL repaints, of 2 great number 9s.


I was a big fan of this kit at the time. I think, at least in part, that was because it looked like Newcastle might beat Man Utd to the title!


 I was a little bit surprised that this kit was chosen for this repaint; my main memory is of Shearer recovering from a bad injury in this kit. Admittedly, this might be a mis-remember!

I also never liked the shield on the back; a friend of mine at school had it, and I always thought it looked stupid if you didn't get a number put on it.

In terms of the figure, this had some minor elements of remodelling; the original was in an England kit, with a collar, so I had to sand that down a bit, and then fill in the remaining 'v-neck' part. Ended up looking pretty good, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment