Friday 31 July 2020

1990s Sunderland

Sunderland today.

I considered making these figures into 2 blog posts... then I remembered that, in spite of my recent efforts to blog more frequently, the number of photos in my repaints album has still gone up!

So, here are 5 recent Sunderland repaints!

lee clark sunderland away corinthian repaint

Lee Clark... and what a kit...

michael gray custom sunderland corinthian figure

kevin phillips custom sunderland corinthian figure

Both of these 2 are 'lookalike' figures. There was a prototype for Michael Gray made in the 90s but it never made it to release. It had a glorious 1990s center-parting, in case you wondered. 

As for Phillips, well, you may know that a figure of him did make it to release, in England 2000 kit. I pointed that out to the guy who asked for this, and he said: Yeah, but it looks nothing like him!!

I described this on my Facebook page as the Phillips figure that Sunderland fans didn't even know that they needed!

thomas sorensen sunderland corinthian repaint

jeraine defoe custom sunderland corinthian repainted figure

As for these 2; Sorensen is a pretty standard repaint, but I absolutely love the Defoe one!

No comments:

Post a Comment